“Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors.”
I haven't been able to write lately.
There are two bright spots on my life that make everything bearable currently:
Maybe I am grasping for poetry beyond my reach or maybe my words never came home from Amman. It's where my mind is. In the sand-colored skyline and the among the hijabi fashionistas. Nothing matters to me right now quite as much or in quite the same way as things mattered three months ago.
Two and a half months should be long enough to know how to live in Alaska again. But I am still falling asleep to dreams of blue domed mosques and waking up to texts that let me know there are others going through the same process I am. We are miles and miles apart, but we sync together with our ungrounded restlessness.
I stretch my arms out too far. There is something missing here.
Someone is watching an action movie in my apartment, and I am falling asleep to the sounds of cars speeding away as fast as they possibly can.
Hunter S. Thompson
There are two bright spots on my life that make everything bearable currently:
- Nighttime wandering with Denali.
- Producing Emotional Celery with Valerie on Mondays.
Maybe I am grasping for poetry beyond my reach or maybe my words never came home from Amman. It's where my mind is. In the sand-colored skyline and the among the hijabi fashionistas. Nothing matters to me right now quite as much or in quite the same way as things mattered three months ago.
Two and a half months should be long enough to know how to live in Alaska again. But I am still falling asleep to dreams of blue domed mosques and waking up to texts that let me know there are others going through the same process I am. We are miles and miles apart, but we sync together with our ungrounded restlessness.
I stretch my arms out too far. There is something missing here.
Someone is watching an action movie in my apartment, and I am falling asleep to the sounds of cars speeding away as fast as they possibly can.
No comments:
Post a Comment