Our layout editor wasn't around on Sunday, so Ian (the marvelous magnificent web editor!) stepped up an laid out the paper.
This paper was different than the last two for a few reasons. First, this is the first issue I've truly had to deal with new reporters and photographers so there was a bit more coaching and rewriting involved this time around. Second, the layout editor wasn't there, so for about 14 hours on Sunday a group of us just stared perplexedly at InDesign.
We did manage to produce the paper somehow (Ian! Ian! Ian!), and I even left the office at the early hour of 12:30 a.m, all things considered.
I feel a lot more connected to this particular issue, mostly because I had a lot of input in layout this time around. Also, I designed the cover. Look at it. Isn't it beautiful and super bright and colorful? I think so.
The issue comes out tomorrow. If you're in Fairbanks, you can pick a copy up at one of the usual locations. And if you're not, you can read it online at www.uafsunstar.com.
This whole producing the paper thing gets easier, right?
This paper was different than the last two for a few reasons. First, this is the first issue I've truly had to deal with new reporters and photographers so there was a bit more coaching and rewriting involved this time around. Second, the layout editor wasn't there, so for about 14 hours on Sunday a group of us just stared perplexedly at InDesign.
We did manage to produce the paper somehow (Ian! Ian! Ian!), and I even left the office at the early hour of 12:30 a.m, all things considered.
I feel a lot more connected to this particular issue, mostly because I had a lot of input in layout this time around. Also, I designed the cover. Look at it. Isn't it beautiful and super bright and colorful? I think so.
The issue comes out tomorrow. If you're in Fairbanks, you can pick a copy up at one of the usual locations. And if you're not, you can read it online at www.uafsunstar.com.
This whole producing the paper thing gets easier, right?

Terrific work! This is the kind of info that should be shared across the internet.
ReplyDeleteShame on Google for not positioning this put up higher!
Come on
over and visit my web site . Thanks
=)
Also visit my site: climate washington