I went hiking and picked blueberries. I don't think there is anything I love more than Alaskan blueberries, other than strawberries of any sort, E. Lockhart books and KSUA playlist album reviews.
Then Valerie and I managed to break into the post office building and we produced our radio show.
Then I talked to my parents about how extremely overwhelming e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. is. And they made me feel a lot better.
And then I ended up sitting on the floor of my room covered in scarves and roommates, and it was just like when I would spend my nights doing nothing but pretending I lived with Ashley and Denali and bothering them and it was a good end to a good day and an interesting weekend.
Tonight I told Denali that being the editor of the Sun Star is like having a baby (not that I have a baby, but I assume they need a lot of copy editing). And she said, "only 26 more babies to go!" When I think about it as something that will be my life for a year it makes my stomach clench into knots and I shut my eyes tight to try to keep the panic inside and not let it spill out and infect the happy people around me.
But when I think about putting one word after the other then I think I can manage. Fathme texts me periodically and tells me not to worry so much. Everyone needs a sassy Mexican roommate to look out for them, I think.
Today was fun, at least.
Then Valerie and I managed to break into the post office building and we produced our radio show.
Then I talked to my parents about how extremely overwhelming e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. is. And they made me feel a lot better.
And then I ended up sitting on the floor of my room covered in scarves and roommates, and it was just like when I would spend my nights doing nothing but pretending I lived with Ashley and Denali and bothering them and it was a good end to a good day and an interesting weekend.
Tonight I told Denali that being the editor of the Sun Star is like having a baby (not that I have a baby, but I assume they need a lot of copy editing). And she said, "only 26 more babies to go!" When I think about it as something that will be my life for a year it makes my stomach clench into knots and I shut my eyes tight to try to keep the panic inside and not let it spill out and infect the happy people around me.
But when I think about putting one word after the other then I think I can manage. Fathme texts me periodically and tells me not to worry so much. Everyone needs a sassy Mexican roommate to look out for them, I think.
Today was fun, at least.
One difference: Once your baby comes out on Tuesday (except when its Wednesday) than they basically are grown up. And you can start preparing for the next baby. At least you have an excellent midwife (i.e copy editor).
ReplyDelete