This morning, Val and I got back from the coast and headed off to her school.
I was with Val for a couple of her classes. And then I helped Maryam with her colegio class, which are high school aged kids. I was a guest speaker and they asked me questions like "Do you like rock music?" and "What is your favorite color?" and "Do you have a boyfriend?"*
Then for the last period of the day, I was with Valerie and her colegio kids. And I taught them how to beatbox. Seriously. I was sitting on the desk, and Valerie was just like "hey, you should teach them how to beatbox."
So then I did. After that we sang them "Hey, Soul Sister" and played our ukuleles. Then we tried to teach them "I am a Vampire." You know, the Antsy Pants song on the Juno soundtrack? That didn't really work so well.
But they were paying attention when I was teaching them how to beatbox. I think I might go into teaching as a profession. I'm so inspired.
This afternoon I played cards with a bunch of the Baha'i youth that are here on their periods of service. I didn't really understand the card game at all, because it was explained to me in Spanish. But it was still really fun. I love being in this Baha'i atmosphere of service and unity. And even fasting. Visiting Val on her YOS** has made me really excited for mine.
And then tonight we went to a pie restaurant together.
*Answers: yes, red, and no, respectively.
**Year of service
I was with Val for a couple of her classes. And then I helped Maryam with her colegio class, which are high school aged kids. I was a guest speaker and they asked me questions like "Do you like rock music?" and "What is your favorite color?" and "Do you have a boyfriend?"*
Then for the last period of the day, I was with Valerie and her colegio kids. And I taught them how to beatbox. Seriously. I was sitting on the desk, and Valerie was just like "hey, you should teach them how to beatbox."
So then I did. After that we sang them "Hey, Soul Sister" and played our ukuleles. Then we tried to teach them "I am a Vampire." You know, the Antsy Pants song on the Juno soundtrack? That didn't really work so well.
But they were paying attention when I was teaching them how to beatbox. I think I might go into teaching as a profession. I'm so inspired.
This afternoon I played cards with a bunch of the Baha'i youth that are here on their periods of service. I didn't really understand the card game at all, because it was explained to me in Spanish. But it was still really fun. I love being in this Baha'i atmosphere of service and unity. And even fasting. Visiting Val on her YOS** has made me really excited for mine.
And then tonight we went to a pie restaurant together.
*Answers: yes, red, and no, respectively.
**Year of service
you teaching people how to beatbox=awesomeness in a canteen!
ReplyDeleteI don't know why a canteen but i felt like mixing it up since i usually say awesomeness or epicness in a bottle... so you should feel very special that you inspired me to expand my englishy horizons. Anyways it sounds like you are havin a blast dude! rock on and peace out dude ;)
Hey I know how to beatbox - b t pf t / b t pf t -or- b t pf t / b b pf t
ReplyDelete