Saturday, September 10, 2011

Florence at night

If I think about it, I've never really enjoyed a city at night.  Anchorage in the summer is always daytime, and in the winter there's no outdoor nightlife (let's get real here).

So possibly because it's all so new to me, I am in love with Florence at night.  I could spend my whole entire life in the Piazza della Republica after sunset listening to the street performers and watching happy kids riding on the carousel.

Not to mention, Ponte Vecchio at night?  Beautiful, amazing, magical, and so many other descriptive words.

Tonight, two of my roommates and I went off in search of the Boboli Gardens around sunset, and ended taking a couple stops along the way.  Actually a lot of stops, we never ended up at the gardens.  But we did some good documenting!  Here's the products of our night:



I LOVE FLORENCE AT NIGHT.

3 comments:

  1. I kind of love the picture of you gazing off at the lights/stars where all that's in focus is your hair. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you really just use "and so many other descriptive words"?!?! ROOHI! i despise you in a love kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Haifa at night too. I think it had to do with the perfect temperature, the soft breeze, the smell, all the activities, and the fact that the stress of the day was over.

    ReplyDelete