Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Adjustment period moments

The last week has been full of moments that I really only describe as adjustment period moments.

Like on Monday, when it took me a good three hours to make my way from the ISA office to FUA.  A trip that should have taken eight minutes tops.  I just kept wandering in circles, and ending up in the Pizza Signora.

Or on Tuesday, when my Italian class took a field trip to the market.  And my professor said "You have 20 minutes to look around."  So I spent twenty minutes buying tomatoes and cheese and bread, and then I realized my class was nowhere to be found.

Or a few days ago, when I was making a list in my head of reasons to move back into a tent while a bunch of girls had a conversation about dying their hair that lasted close to an hour.

Or yesterday when I was making salad and I accidentally mistook Amy's bottle of wine for a bottle of olive oil, and then my salad tasted weird.

Or earlier today when I went into my first ever high end designer store ever and started laughing out loud when I saw a price tag for 280 euro hanging out on a fairly weird looking necklace.

Adjustment period.  You know.

1 comment: