In half an hour I will be 19 years old. I generally do not like years in which I am an even numbered age, so I'm really excited about this. But for all its evenness, 18 has been a pretty good year. In the last 365 days I have:
1. Graduated from high school
2. Started college
3. Gotten the best job ever reporting and blogging for the Sun Star
4. Gotten my wisdom teeth out
5. Gone to Ecuador to visit my best friend
6. Found an excellent ottoman at the dump
7. Finished my first year of college
18 has been an adventure, that's for sure. But it won't even compare to 19.
In a week, I'm heading up to Coldfoot, Alaska. A truck stop and tourist destination on mile 175 of the Dalton Highway. I'll be working 50 hours a week, living in a tent, hiking, writing, jumping, and blogging. Although the blogging will be much more intermittent because I generally lack inspiration in the summer, and I'm not sure how much I'll be on the computer. But the blog will be here and updated on a semi-regular basis, so make sure you check in every once in a while to see how the uke is doing so far north.
And then at the end of August, I move from my tent in the Arctic to Florence, Italy with a brief stop in Anchorage. I'm pretty confident in saying that I might experience a bit of culture shock in that move.
And as much as I can't wait, I'm really enjoying pushing that anxious anticipation aside, and watching my bro PR at regions, eating Mooses Tooth with my parents, and sitting in my backyard playing some ukulele. My adventure will come. But in the meantime, I have friends to visit, books to read, and songs to play.
1. Graduated from high school
2. Started college
3. Gotten the best job ever reporting and blogging for the Sun Star
4. Gotten my wisdom teeth out
5. Gone to Ecuador to visit my best friend
6. Found an excellent ottoman at the dump
7. Finished my first year of college
18 has been an adventure, that's for sure. But it won't even compare to 19.
In a week, I'm heading up to Coldfoot, Alaska. A truck stop and tourist destination on mile 175 of the Dalton Highway. I'll be working 50 hours a week, living in a tent, hiking, writing, jumping, and blogging. Although the blogging will be much more intermittent because I generally lack inspiration in the summer, and I'm not sure how much I'll be on the computer. But the blog will be here and updated on a semi-regular basis, so make sure you check in every once in a while to see how the uke is doing so far north.
And then at the end of August, I move from my tent in the Arctic to Florence, Italy with a brief stop in Anchorage. I'm pretty confident in saying that I might experience a bit of culture shock in that move.
And as much as I can't wait, I'm really enjoying pushing that anxious anticipation aside, and watching my bro PR at regions, eating Mooses Tooth with my parents, and sitting in my backyard playing some ukulele. My adventure will come. But in the meantime, I have friends to visit, books to read, and songs to play.
Happy Birthday SWLAEL*
ReplyDelete{:~))
* She Who Leads An Exciting Life
yay! jesse made it into your blog HA! and soon you will be like me a housakeepin in the n to the orth yo! :) anyways i better to bed so i can get up EArly... oh boy! peace and love dude :D
ReplyDelete