Right now, I'm packing up my room, cramming for finals, and inventorying everything and everyone I need to say goodbye to here.
This first year of college has been fun and awful. Long and short. Easy and hard. Cold, with a few weeks of warmth. At one point or another, I've hated dorm life, the music program, cafeteria food, intro classes, and subzero temperatures. At one point, I hated it so much here that I decided to move to another country.
But then I've also loved it. Especially in the last month or so, I've discovered this niche I fit into where I write articles every week, and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Denali. I've spent the year working for an awesome paper, where I've learned a bajillion million things. I've made some seriously excellent friends. I declared a major in something I'm genuinely happy to be studying. I scored a goal in broomball, I learned how to bellydance, I get paid to blog, and the sun is just starting to come out.
Really, now that I'm about to leave, I'm discovering I like it here.
This first year of college has been fun and awful. Long and short. Easy and hard. Cold, with a few weeks of warmth. At one point or another, I've hated dorm life, the music program, cafeteria food, intro classes, and subzero temperatures. At one point, I hated it so much here that I decided to move to another country.
But then I've also loved it. Especially in the last month or so, I've discovered this niche I fit into where I write articles every week, and eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Denali. I've spent the year working for an awesome paper, where I've learned a bajillion million things. I've made some seriously excellent friends. I declared a major in something I'm genuinely happy to be studying. I scored a goal in broomball, I learned how to bellydance, I get paid to blog, and the sun is just starting to come out.
Really, now that I'm about to leave, I'm discovering I like it here.
Me: like! Score! Awesome arithmetic! Fantastic fabric! We'll all be here when you find your way back!
ReplyDeleteawww. that was just like me when i left byu. right when i left i realized how much i loved where i lived even though for two and a half years i told myself i hated it. now i beg to go on vacations to my college town haha. im' so lame.
ReplyDelete