Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homequeasy

There's no getting around it.  I miss home.  A lot.  More, I think, than I have ever missed home.

And this is not a vague, familiar feeling of home that involves college and extended family.  No, I miss being in Anchorage specifically.

I miss the library and my room that keeps out the sunlight at night.  I miss Kincaid, and I miss driving Dad's car.  I miss my high school friends.  And most of all, I miss my parents.

Even if saying that makes me sound like a homesick 7-year-old at a slumber party.  But I kind of feel like a homesick 7-year-old at a slumber party.

Except I'm 19.

And I should be past the point where I feel like crying when I think about all the things I'm missing this summer.  I should be past the point where I spend a large amount of time despondently wondering what on earth I am doing up here, in a tent, for three whole months.

But I'm not.  And I miss home.  And I miss everything.

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there, E! You are (potentially) going to learn to play another mini guitar-esque instrument! What more can a girl want from life? :) But I miss you, and I really really hope our overlap day actually works out. Until then, I'll just be sure to have more awkward stories to tell you about. You can count on my awkwardness, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too! Although I do have a roommate, and I live in a town with more than population: 34. But I will visit you sometime (keep your busy schedule open, kay?) this summer and remember that once you are in Italy and eating pasta and speaking with good-looking Mediterraneans takes up 98% of your time, you'll look back to the solitude and feel nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the goldfish at the bottom. {:o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!!! Speaking of driving. I saw your brother driving your family to Fred Meyers and it made me miss you tons.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes life is smug, other times timid, queasy or quaky. For example, when your brother drives to Freddies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brumett's Garden (2008), Misfortune Smiles (2008), Next Caller (2008), Now That You're Dead (2008)
    and all of these films famous and get the award from
    award show of films industries. Monitors by this company are probably what I would look into getting.
    On the other hand, I was having some really bad handshaking problems that
    seemed worse when playing SACD, DVD-Audio and BD Audio discs
    at 1080p output (or on "auto") and Source Direct helped here.


    Feel free to surf to my web site; MOTU Digital Performer v8.02 Free Download

    ReplyDelete