Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm just a pink with blue spots little flower

Earlier I was putting off doing doing laundry, and my friends were in class so I had to come up with creative not-laundry-activities alone.  So I read this interview.  Usually when I'm bored I google interviews of people I think are interesting.  Although sometimes I read the news or play ukulele or change my shirt.  It all depends on my mood.  But I was in an interesting person interview reading mood.

So I was looking at this Regina Spektor tumblr I follow.  It's a good tumblr, for people as obsessed with Regina as I am.  And I was reading interviews, and wishing I was a music writing and piano playing prodigy from the Soviet Union with an excellent, yet unique singing voice, when I read this:

"I understand people’s need to classify. I mean, that’s what humanity is built on. We’ll walk into a new territory and discover a new flower and give it like a seven name Latin title, ya know? And the little flower is like “What the fuck? I’m just a pink with blue spots little flower! And nobody else is like me!” But they totally need to classify and explain."
-Regina Spektor, September 2006, in an interview with Robert Brink

Seriously, I am just a pink with blue spots little flower.  And nobody else is like me.

Other random Friday afternoon thoughts: 

Once, my friend Ashley told me I look a little bit like Regina Spektor.  Which is an untruth.  But it made me happy.

If you're suddenly possessed with a mid-winter urge to buy me a CD, feel free.

Also, I'm on the lookout for cheerful graffiti.  I spotted some in the girl's bathroom on the fourth floor of Gruening on Wednesday night.  But when I went back yesterday to take a picture of it so I could blog about how much I like cheerful graffiti, the janitors had removed it.  Which made me sad.  So, if you spy some cheerful graffiti, email it to me, and I'll put it on my blog.

And this is my current favorite Regina Spektor song, even though the end is a little bit obnoxious.

Happy weekending, everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Cheerful graffiti is one of the best parts about going to the bathroom. Well other than the bathroom part... But its always fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina is a hero. I'm sure I gave it to you, but if I did not, you should immediately listen to the song "A Cannon." It's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheerful graffiti! And also, artistic graffiti. I remember this white-out dragon that was both cheerful and artistic in the bathroom of my school in 7th grade. Also, 43 days 5 hours 16 minutes 38 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could find some cheerful graffiti...everything I see is the complete opposite of cheerful. But I'll be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing your laundry! As they say, laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.

    ReplyDelete