Sunday, March 4, 2012

Reflections (or Fast Day 3)

Can I stress enough the ups and downs that I have been through this year?  The fact that I'm starting to put together a meaningful existence in Amman is almost enough to make me forget the months of floundering around.

But it's the challenges we face that make us who we are, and who I am has been so changed by everything that has happened to me this year.  Going all the way back to last year's fast when I loaded up on Fairbanks campus water alone in the mornings and broke the fast at night with french fries at the cafeteria with a friend or two who could be persuaded to eat so late to right now.

I am seeing myself, my religion, my future, my culture in a multitude of new ways I never thought possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment