Saturday, January 28, 2012

I just really like suspension bridges

I spent the last week in Budapest, Hungary with my (former) roommate Deshani.  We had a faaaaaabulous time experiencing central Europe, climbing up hills, being cold, eating bland German-esque food, hanging out with the super cool couchsurfing community from Budapest and Debrecen, and walking back and forth over several of the many suspension bridges that connect Buda and Pest over the Danube River.

And through this trip I discovered that 1. couchsurfing is so. awesome. and 2. I just really like suspension bridges.  Here are a handful of the 200-odd pics I took of bridges in Budapest:








4 comments:

  1. I love bridges! These photos are great. (Have you been to Prague? I spent too much time on bridges there one winter...it was glorious.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I never made it to Prague. But visiting Budapest definitely made me want to see more of Central/Eastern Europe. I think a trip to Austria/the Czech Republic/Slovakia/Poland/Romania might be in my future.

      Delete
  2. That's because they're beautiful bridges! Art and architecture add so much to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. That girl on that bridge seems really cool! --- Random comment

    ReplyDelete