Currently, I'm sitting in the middle of the family room. It's 12:46 a.m., and the entirety of my closet is strewn around the bottom floor of the house. My bags are packed for the most part, and I've double checked the flight times for tomorrow (2:35 p.m., because I know you want to know).
And yet, I really don't feel like I'm leaving.
Maybe it's because I'm wearing a llama sweater and $6 leg warmers, and how can a girl like me be traveling to what seems like the fashion capital of the universe tomorrow? Or maybe it's because two feet away from where I'm sitting are the Carhartts I found in the Crew Quarters this summer, and a little further over are my muddy hiking boots, and there's just a little bit of a disconnect between Coldfoot and what's to come.
Right now I'm a million different things: tired, anxious, slightly terrified, incredibly excited. And here I go, here I go, here I go.
And yet, I really don't feel like I'm leaving.
Maybe it's because I'm wearing a llama sweater and $6 leg warmers, and how can a girl like me be traveling to what seems like the fashion capital of the universe tomorrow? Or maybe it's because two feet away from where I'm sitting are the Carhartts I found in the Crew Quarters this summer, and a little further over are my muddy hiking boots, and there's just a little bit of a disconnect between Coldfoot and what's to come.
Right now I'm a million different things: tired, anxious, slightly terrified, incredibly excited. And here I go, here I go, here I go.
Best advice someone (not me) gave you so far was to take half the clothes and twice the money planned.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what you'll look like when you come back ?
Italian women have a lot of flair, a lot of style. You'll pick it up.
Your Persian hair, dark eyes & complexion will be assets to play with.
Will you come back all Gypsied-up ? Or jeaned to the hippo ?
{:o))
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Buon Viagio !
ReplyDeleteWrite when you get (A) Bandwidth; and (B) Sleep.
{:~))
i want a llama sweater.
ReplyDeleteTHERE you go. Have an overly-adventurous year for me, and make sure to keep in touch. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, you know, there is hiking in Tuscany! I saw bands of dusty people walking what used to be the Pilgrim's trail through the fields and up the hill to Montalcino. It's not Denali, but it's beautiful in its own way. So I hope you found room in the suitcase for boots!
ReplyDelete