Tuesday, August 9, 2011

10 people I kind of fell in love with this summer

a list
  1. Jad Abumrad from Radiolab. He is my public radio crush, and I am seriously smitten.
  2. Gloria-the-Baha’i-from-Florence who sent me the world’s nicest email. It was actually so sweet that I burst into tears when I read it.
  3. The hot expeditor. He’s the only hot guy I’ve seen in three months. Oh, the things my life has been reduced to.
  4. The trucker that drives the pink truck. The first time I hitchhiked, when I got picked up by a guy with a flat tire, the pink truck trucker stopped to help us. He got out of his pink truck, wearing a cut off t-shirt that said “You’re not worthy,” strode over to the group of truckers milling around, and got the tire changed. Super manly. Just sayin.
  5. And on that note, I love every single person that’s picked me up when I was hitchhiking this summer. Even some of the more creepy guys.
  6. Cami, who caught the mice that were running around the Inn, skinned them, and tacked their hides to the bulletin board.
  7. The guy that left us a pie as a tip. Seriously, he left us a whole pie. And I don’t know who he is, or where he went, or anything about him at all. But he won my heart.
  8. Laura-the-tour-guide who always strips her own bed and leaves a $10 tip. This is a woman after the hearts of housekeepers everywhere.
  9. The crew guy that came to one of our bonfires, and brought Capri Suns. And when he offered one to me, and I delightedly asked, “you were the one that brought these?” He responded, “do you see any other 8-year-olds here?”
  10. The girl that works at Taco Bell and has a crush on Jonathan. This is reason number four hundred and eighty-seven that I’m going to seriously miss Fairbanks next year.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful list. Very positive. I'm glad that you did it. These kind of things are good for our spiritual growth & health.

    I think that I'll do one for the people of my past year (or whatever).

    {:~))

    ReplyDelete