Saturday, November 20, 2010

Real life acknowledgments

I was talking to Valerie earlier today, and we were talking about Libba Bray.  Val is very pro Libba, and I am still kind of up in the air.  Going Bovine was just so... psychedelic.  But there was one point we agreed on: Libba rocks at writing acknowledgements.  Which got me thinking about what my acknowledgements would say if I were to ever write a book.  So, here are some:

Thanks to the man who sold me my ukulele.  Thanks to Beka for feeding me brownie batter every Monday afternoon when we were freshmen.  Thanks to anyone who has ever told me I have beautiful hair, I am finally starting to believe you.  Thanks to my next door neighbor 12 years ago for having a swing set.  Thanks to Robin for living through the danger zone with me, and for replying to my emails.  Thanks to my favorite teacher for showing me how fun writing a news article can be.  Thanks to my roommate for being okay with the fact that there were five people on the floor of our room when she got back last night.  Thanks to the five people who slept on the floor of my room last night for being more fantastic than words can describe.  Thanks to my brother for sending me two mix CDs this week, and thank you for labeling them in French.  Thanks to Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Mahler, and Vaughan Williams.  Similarly thanks to Regina Spektor, Billy Joel, Coldplay, and Paul Simon.  Thanks to Josh for being so incredibly fantastic at keeping in touch, and for taking all my literature recommendations last summer.  Thanks to my parents for suggesting Tylonol and Orajel as a combatant to the pain I've been dealing with in my mouth for the last two weeks, it's been helping a lot.  Thanks to the sub in AP Gov last year that let us watch The Office.  Thanks to Val for leaving me that voicemail today, and thank you for keeping me from going mental.  And thank you to you for reading my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I like these acknowledgments! Especially as I'm mentioned. And I'm going to answer your email right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~ Don't forget to drink a lot of water. Tylenol is hard on the liver.

    ReplyDelete