Ok, I don't want to be one of those people who blogs about the weather,
BUT
It's so warm, I haven't worn a hat in a week.
It's so warm, I can wear my thinnest tights with no other layers.
It's so warm, I CAN WEAR HAREM PANTS TO CLASS.
It's so warm, I broke out my stylish-but-with-no-actual-coat-qualities coat today.
It's so warm, we can't use our porch as a freezer anymore.
It's so warm, it rained this morning. And things are melting. And people are getting stylish (if xtratuffs and dresses are stylish, I guess) because you don't need to be concerned about being practical when it's 36 degrees and this is weird, you guys. Do I live in Southeast or do I live in the interior? I CAN'T REALLY TELL ANYMORE.
It's weird that the sun is setting so early and it's so warm.
It's weird that I walked to my first week of spring semester classes in melting snow.
It's weird that I had to put my hood up because of the rain this morning, not because my ears were cold.
And I know everyone has something witty to say about how bizarre all of this is/how funny it's warm in Alaska and cold everywhere else/how thrilled they are that summer is literally here. But these are puzzle pieces that shouldn't fit together, and it's catching all of us off guard here.
No comments:
Post a Comment