I remember coming back from winter break three years ago and dejectedly dropping my plate down on the table in the Tilly and announcing "guys, there are over 1,000 days until we graduate." The table full of people (almost all of whom will take significantly more days to graduate than that--go UAF! woo!) brushed off my melodrama in stride. "College is great!" they said, "stop counting down!"
So I stopped and did other things--leaving home, coming home, baking over 3,000 cookies to name a few activities. And during that time with the countdown widget turned off on my laptop, I grew up and became the slightly disastrous but generally accomplished and efficient individual who continues to update this blog.
But is it appropriate to start my countdown again? Let's just say that I've just about had it with school, and I'm ready to wrap things up. Especially since I'm not even staring into a void of utter nothingness and crippling job-hunting insecurity after graduation.
Somebody start the countdown clock, because this girl's only got 116 days of school left EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment