Today, some shabab asked me where Safeway was when we were right in front of Safeway. And I shot them this fantastically glowering glare. I feel like I have finally mastered giving dirty looks.
Sometimes I spy on the neighbors from my kitchen window. There's a girl my age who drapes a scarf over her head and reads on the back porch. When I see her outside of the house, her make up is done to perfection and there is not a stray hair in sight. But when I see her out the window, she is curled up on the swinging bench in her sweatpants with a book. It's nice to know Arab girls and I might have something in common.
The man at the fruit market down the street sells me a kilo of strawberries for 2 JD. We're friends.
Sometimes I spy on the neighbors from my kitchen window. There's a girl my age who drapes a scarf over her head and reads on the back porch. When I see her outside of the house, her make up is done to perfection and there is not a stray hair in sight. But when I see her out the window, she is curled up on the swinging bench in her sweatpants with a book. It's nice to know Arab girls and I might have something in common.
The man at the fruit market down the street sells me a kilo of strawberries for 2 JD. We're friends.
Hope the strawberries don't make you sick- last time I got very cheap fruit, that's what it did for me.
ReplyDeleteI was under the impression that you had mastered the dirty look before you left...Hmmm! Now I'm scared! :) not really! I will be working on my dirty look to get ready. *
ReplyDelete