Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wadi Rum

Some things I did this weekend:
  • rode camels
  • looked at the stars all night
  • climbed a rock and watched the sunset
  • climbed a rock in the dark and watched the sunrise
  • jumped down sand dunes
  • drank tea
  • unabashedly wore a kuffiyeh all weekend
  • did not sleep at all
  • got sand everywhere
  • accidentally threw my lens cap off a cliff
  • played ukulele around a campfire






I was going to write this lyrical, adjective-ridden post about how beautiful my time was in Wadi Rum.  How Katrina and I stayed up all night watching the stars, and it was sort of magical.

But you know what?  There are some memories I just don't want to share.  It's getting harder and harder to write about Jordan for me.  There are a ton of half-written posts in my queue that I can't bring myself to finish and share with the world, purely because I'm selfish.  What's happening to me here is mine, and sometimes I want it to stay that way.

2 comments:

  1. It should stay that way, so we'll take what you offer. - Jeremia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurl, those pictures are incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete