Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lazy Florentine Sundays

Today I walked to a grocery store really really far away from my apartment, just so I would have a better reason to walk around other than just aimlessly walking around.  Which is a great thing to do if you are in a wander-some mood.  But I needed some motivation to leave my apartment, and a 45 minute trip each way to buy milk managed to do the trick.

Also, I got lunch and sat on the curb of a sidewalk eating my panini and feeling all Italian.

And a random couple asked me how to get to Santa Croce, and I gave them directions in Italian.  And I was really proud of myself because I get left and right (sinistro e destra) mixed up all the time, but I didn't this time.

Then three hours later when I finally got home, I made peanut butter cookies.  I'm on my fifth one right now.  They're really good.  Also, I'm putting nutella and strawberries on top.  So, they're, like, REALLY good.

You know that part of Eat, Pray, Love where Julia Roberts sits on the floor of her apartment in Rome and eats asparagus?  That's kind of how I feel right now.  Except substitute cookies for asparagus, Florence for Rome, my bed for the floor, and me for Julia Roberts.

2 comments:

  1. Remember Richard from Texas: "Hey, Groceries. Believe in love again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia Roberts comes off poorly with that substitution. {:~))

    ReplyDelete