Saturday, November 19, 2011

Adorable Italian children are adorable

When I first showed up in Italy, I signed up to do some sort of volunteering at the school I attend here.  After a few weeks of filling out forms and doing interviews, I was assigned "teaching English to kids."  Which I was SUPER excited about.

Until I showed up, and found out "teaching English to kids" meant making sure a bunch of 4-year-olds don't hit each other.

But they're still really cute.
This is Flauvia.  If I had favorites, she would be my favorite, because she always hugs me when I show up, and she likes to send Tonka trucks down the slide.  The boy behind her is Leonardo, and if I had favorites he would be another one of my favorites, because he always pretends he is an airplane.  Also, he is best friends with Alex, who I call Little-Charlie-Bone in my head because he looks exactly like what I imagined Charlie Bone would look like at age 4.  Little-Charlie-Bone is another completely hypothetical favorite, by the way.

Also, Italian children say "mamma mia!" all the time.  Heart melt.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh i just like that you referenced charlie bone. and i just noticed you had fish at the bottom of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a place where the kids say Mamma Mia all the time. Plus you should totally give your kids literary names when you have them! But cool ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TONKA TRUCKS. man that girl must be a badass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hypothetical favorites, and I love that you have hypothetical favorites. Also, I love you.

    ReplyDelete