At this point, I've pretty much accepted that I'm not going to get a roommate this summer. So a few days ago, one of my friends here helped me get a box spring and bed frame from the Inn, and we put the other mattress on it, and pushed the beds together. Then I hung up my mosquito net, and basically my tent just got pretty fancy.
I'm sort of loving the fact that I'm living in a tent for three months. Even though the 30 noisy sled dogs that like to make their presence known in the middle of the night and constant daylight make it sort of hard to get enough sleep. Not to mention it's freezing in the tents when it's remotely cloudy outside, and it heats up like a greenhouse when it's sunny. Oh, and did I mention the bugs?
But really, I'm enjoying it. Every time I go hang out in someone else's tent, I just want to exclaim "I love what you've done with your tent!" Some of them have carpet, and some of them have wood desks, and some have really exciting shelving. Not to mention there's a lovely variety of mosquito nets in Coldfoot.
It's definitely not comfort living up here. But it's completely wonderful in it's own way.
No comments:
Post a Comment