About two and a half weeks ago I tried out for a concerto competition, because I love auditioning. I know, I'm strange, but live auditions bring out the best in me. I never heard back from them, so I enjoyed my break (kind of, I spend about half of it incredibly stressed out and freaked out by college applications. The other half I spent at a Baha'i intensive, and that was of course, completely wonderful).
So then, Saturday night, my Mother (who I think is probably the only one who reads this and would of course already know all this) and I are clothes shopping. She went home to help my brother with a science fair problem, and came back with a letter. Which I opened. To find out I WON THE CONCERTO COMPETITION.
I was, of course, super shocked. My reaction was "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!" and for the last five days every other sentence that has come out of my mouth has been "I can't believe I won."
I mean, I really can't believe it. I am not a violin player. I am an oboist. Which is not a violin. Violins win concerto competitions, not oboes.
The other news is that I passed out this morning, and then I went to school and sat through first period AP Statistics and decided that school was just not working out for me. So I went home, took a four hour nap, and still feel pretty dang terrible. Not to mention, when I passed out, I hit my head. So I have a bruised cheek and a cut on my lip in addition to residual dizziness.
The combination of the swollen lip and the dizziness mean I can't practice my oboe, which is exactly what I don't need right now.
So while I'm waiting for my body to normalize, I'm going to finish my E. Lockhart book, do some math homework, and listen to the Flight of the Conchords CD I checked out the of library.
So then, Saturday night, my Mother (who I think is probably the only one who reads this and would of course already know all this) and I are clothes shopping. She went home to help my brother with a science fair problem, and came back with a letter. Which I opened. To find out I WON THE CONCERTO COMPETITION.
I was, of course, super shocked. My reaction was "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!" and for the last five days every other sentence that has come out of my mouth has been "I can't believe I won."
I mean, I really can't believe it. I am not a violin player. I am an oboist. Which is not a violin. Violins win concerto competitions, not oboes.
The other news is that I passed out this morning, and then I went to school and sat through first period AP Statistics and decided that school was just not working out for me. So I went home, took a four hour nap, and still feel pretty dang terrible. Not to mention, when I passed out, I hit my head. So I have a bruised cheek and a cut on my lip in addition to residual dizziness.
The combination of the swollen lip and the dizziness mean I can't practice my oboe, which is exactly what I don't need right now.
So while I'm waiting for my body to normalize, I'm going to finish my E. Lockhart book, do some math homework, and listen to the Flight of the Conchords CD I checked out the of library.
Dear CurlieeeGurlieee:
ReplyDeleteAre you Indian ? By your name I think you must come from Uttar Pradesh, over there with all my Murkajee relatives.
I am reading your blogicle and think it very good. If I ever need to buy a writer to write a college S/A, sure am I that you could help me find person of such.
Osla, sorry am I that down fell U and head ur hit and cheeked your bruise and lipped your cut. So much bad; much sari, v. much sari. r*. I r, r mean v. much sari.
But not sooooo much bad, least at play can't U oboe, so tortured be it won't. No ?
Please keep writing gude blogpoop CurlieeeGurlieee, me much learn U from. R., r., r., r., r..*
/s/ Hortense
* r. = really. Really
EMR: if you need help on the whole passing-out & going on with your activity thing, give me a shout. Got more than a fistful under my belt.
ReplyDelete//Da'i.
I heard the phrase "curly girlies" from a friend with curly hair once upon a time, and I thought that it was pretty sweet. With the rhyming and the description thing going on.
ReplyDelete