Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A brush with the law

Valerie is sitting outside on the hammock right now, and I am inside pouring my lifeless soul into a paper about Margaret Thatcher, and we are occasionally calling back and forth to each other through the open window over the excellent bluegrass Pandora station I have pulled up right now.

Me: "An FBI agent is coming to our apartment right now."

Valerie: "Why?"

Me: "Because [one of our friends] is getting government security clearance and he put me down as a reference. So someone just called, and there is an FBI agent heading over to interview me."

Valerie: "Should I put on pants?"

Me: "You're probably ok."

Valerie: "Want to practice?"

Me: "Being interviewed by an FBI agent?"

Valerie: "Yeah."

Me: "Ok."

Valerie: "Hi, I'm an FBI agent."

Me: "Hi, I'm Elika."

Valerie: "Is that your real name?"

Me: "Yes."

Valerie: "Are you sure?"

Me: "Yes."

Valerie: "I don't know what else he's going to ask."

Me: "Me either."

No comments:

Post a Comment