Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Black and white

As a part of an assignment for a photography class I'm taking this semester, I've been taking a picture every day.

I have a couple goals I want to accomplish with this assignment. First, to impress Richard Murphy, my poetic, wool-vest wearing professor with an excellent old Alaskan man beard. And second, to accurately capture my life in Fairbanks. Because I only have a few months left in this weird, weird place, I want to make something that I can look at again when I'm somewhere else and remember that living here has had a impact on who I am.

One of the students in the class has been taking all her photos in black and white, and this week after it dipped back down below zero and everything was covered in hoar frost, I realized that a lot of life here happens in shades of white and black between October and March.








2 comments:

  1. I like the two music pictures. First for the luminous light, second for the action. The office picture is also fantastic fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! I love following your photo blog!

    ReplyDelete