I'm not keeping count, but if I were I'd know that there were 17 days left in the semester. Nine days of classes, four days of weekends and four days of finals. I'd know that there would be 15 classes left to go to, three rehearsals, one concert. One issue of the Sun Star.
I'd know that I have to write at least 20 pages in the next ten days. That's just an average of two pages a day though, and that sounds reasonable. But if I really understood the topics I should be writing about, I would be crushed with the uselessness of my education and the ensuing apathy.
I'd know that 17 days of the semester means 18 days until ISGP and 28 days until our roadtrip.
I'm not thinking this far ahead, but if I were, I would know that graduation is 159 days away. The marathon Valerie, Rebecca and I plan on running in Craig is 13 days after that and 1,074 miles from Fairbanks. I leave for Haifa 23 days after that, 5,693 miles away.
But because I have tunnel vision, and won't write those 20 pages if I think about anything beyond the next 17 days, here's what I am keeping track of:
I read 952 pages about a dystopian world over the weekend and enjoyed all of them. Then I came back to UAF and read 29 pages of an article written in 2003 and was underwhelmed. As of this afternoon, I'm 149 pages through Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali for my Middle Eastern History class, and I'm still not enjoying the thinly veiled bigoted propaganda, racist excuse for a book it is.
I am keeping track of the fact that there are only two eggs left in our fridge, and zero bags of chamomile tea. But there are six pomegranates (down from eight last night).
And I am acutely aware that it was 24 below zero when I checked my phone this morning.
I'd know that I have to write at least 20 pages in the next ten days. That's just an average of two pages a day though, and that sounds reasonable. But if I really understood the topics I should be writing about, I would be crushed with the uselessness of my education and the ensuing apathy.
I'd know that 17 days of the semester means 18 days until ISGP and 28 days until our roadtrip.
I'm not thinking this far ahead, but if I were, I would know that graduation is 159 days away. The marathon Valerie, Rebecca and I plan on running in Craig is 13 days after that and 1,074 miles from Fairbanks. I leave for Haifa 23 days after that, 5,693 miles away.
But because I have tunnel vision, and won't write those 20 pages if I think about anything beyond the next 17 days, here's what I am keeping track of:
I read 952 pages about a dystopian world over the weekend and enjoyed all of them. Then I came back to UAF and read 29 pages of an article written in 2003 and was underwhelmed. As of this afternoon, I'm 149 pages through Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali for my Middle Eastern History class, and I'm still not enjoying the thinly veiled bigoted propaganda, racist excuse for a book it is.
I am keeping track of the fact that there are only two eggs left in our fridge, and zero bags of chamomile tea. But there are six pomegranates (down from eight last night).
And I am acutely aware that it was 24 below zero when I checked my phone this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment