Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wednesday summary: classifications

Dad called me in the middle of class today.  So I called him back while I was walking home.
Me: Hey, what's up?
Dad: I just wanted you to know that I posted a picture of you on facebook, and Roxana Saberi liked it.
I tried to brag about it to my roommates, but no one really knows who Roxana Saberi is.  So I started making brownies instead.  In the midst of brownie making, Valerie and Denali starting talking about being spacial people.

Honestly, I've never completely understood the idea of spacial thinking.  My brain is so far opposite of spacial thinking that I'm not even sure spacial thinking exists.  When I look at a sheet of music, I see letters.

Meanwhile, Valerie and Denali are talking about the amazing things that spacial people can do.
Me: What? I have no idea what this means.
So they explained it to me, and I still don't get it because my brain works in words not pictures.

I've never been able to figure out what kind of a person I am in regards to spacial, visual, etc.  No one ever talks about people who read music in letters and think in paragraphs.  So I asked.
Valerie: Dude, you're an auditory learner.  You remember things without taking notes.  You like listening to podcasts.
Denali: Uh, you like lecture classes.
So, tonight's revelation: I am auditory person.  I spent 20 minutes washing the dishes and thinking about what this means.  My thought process was something like this: I never have to take notes again!  I'm probably a language learning genius!  I can sit in class and not pay attention and still learn everything!

We moved our couch into the kitchen recently, and so the floor of our living room is now entirely covered in sleeping bags.  Denali has basically lived on the floor of the living room since last Thursday when we made this change.  I brought this up to her.
Denali: Dude, I'm just a floor person.
We are just into classifying ourselves these days. 

2 comments: